There's probably better ways to make friends, but I guess 20.109 will do

I guess spending 15-20 hours a week with someone will really bring you together (or make you hate each other, it really depends). Don't worry Grey team, I love ya guys.

Glad to say that regardless of how jaded we were by the time we got to Mod 3 (seriously, we named our Google Drive folder for this module "we almost out"), we still managed to laugh our way through the assignments (and not the maniacal variety, the normal/fun kind).

Getting through this research proposal at 11 pm in the Stud definitely was not the most enjoyable, but actually ideating and creating our proposal was super fun. It was weird to see how our seemingly outlandish ideas actually had scientific backing and how they came together to create a cohesive goal. Figuring out how to organize these ideas into a cohesive (and succinct) presentation was probably the hardest part. And when we finally thought we worked out all the details of our project, a question would come up that would raise another issue with our proposal. It honestly felt like patching up a boat that would hold up against the scrutiny of the 20.109 staff. 

I'm glad we did it though. Barring one last assignment, we can safely say that the 20.109 experience is behind us. As painful as it was at times (ouch that Mod 2 report), I think it really did make me a better scientific communicator and equipped me with the laboratory and research-specific skills that I didn't really have prior to this class.

Oh yea, and I guess I had some alright lab partners too (love you taro and smrits) that turned into some quality friendships. Sorry Noreen for putting you through our shenanigans all semester. As Prof Belcher so accurately described us, I guess we're the "party lab team" :)

No memes this time kids. Instead, enjoy this solid picture of our cute little virus batteries (the true lights of our lives). Also check out our instagrams for our coordinated 20.109 post that will be coming out soon, as we so promised Prof Belcher. 


In case you didn't believe me, we really do love each other (exhibit A included below).


I lied here's a meme.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours