The best part about 20.109: an outlet to vent!

Blogging about the struggles that come with 20.109 is almost therapeutic at this point. When I submitted the research article, I blogged about it right after submission and I remember how much better I felt, knowing that there was an outlet where my predicaments could be read and acknowledged. So first off, kudos to blogging and taking out time to process and talk about *feelings*. We don't do enough of that at MIT!

I'm glad this class ended (minus the Mini-report) on a high-note. And by high note, I mean by showing me exactly why I chose to be a biological engineer. The first assignment of Mod 3 had me reeling with joy and despite the fact that I had a hell week then and should have been preparing for an exam, I took my sweet time to find the most exciting news in the world of biological engineering. Every research paper I read, left me absolutely in awe and I looked up people to contact in case I wanted to do research with them at some point or just have a conversation and ask all the questions that popped up in my mind. The next day when we got the chance to discuss our research ideas with our lab partners, I realized how much I loved talking about science. Maybe doing science isn't that exciting for me. But learning it and communicating that to other people was what I found truly exhilarating. Despite how hard this class has been and despite the fact that I'm not a great writer, I think this class has made me more aware of what I enjoy and what I would want to do in my life and communicating ideas in biological engineering is definitely up there on the list.

I would like to end this brief blog post by thanking all the people that made this class amazing which includes all the professors, lecturers, TA's, Comm Lab folks, and my peers. I'm so grateful to have been in Leslie and Catherine's TR section and for going up to Afeefah on the first day of class and asking her if she wanted to be my lab partner.

I made way too many memes this time but enjoy!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours

I don't hate speaking, just the preparation