Surviving with the team spirit

One more mini-report and we will be done with all the assignments... Wow this semester has definitely been one of the  wildest semester. Never have I ever spent so much time on one class, a rough estimate of more than 15 hours a week. And I am simply amazed at the fact that I survived through all of this (I mean, if I can survive the mini-report).

As the semester started, I was filled with excitement. As much as I like theoretical materials, I have to say that hands-on learning is my favorite. Indeed one of my favorite classes so far has been 20.309! Being one of the few juniors taking the class, I didn't know most of the students in the class. It was incredible how I got to know my classmates and especially my teammates as the semester proceeded. Going through all the hardships together, especially the Mod1 data summary, we bonded pretty well.

The excitement slowly went down towards the end of Mod2. The material was definitely interesting, and from hindsight, I believe that the sentiment came from individual major assignment, epitomized by the Mod2 Research Article. I missed the group work fun I had in Mod1.

And then came Mod3, a module full of group work. I have to say, I had a blast crafting the research proposal. Out team would meet up every night for 2 hours discussing many ideas, polishing them until the proposal met all of our standards. Yes, it was time consuming, maybe more than any other assignments, but the feeling of making something as a group was simply gratifying.

On the day of the presentation, we decided to color code our clothes with our team color, grey. A great finale!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

I don't hate speaking, just the preparation