I don't think I can ever go into 16-336 ever again

Honestly, since the beginning of last week, I knew that the research proposal was the only thing standing between me and a child end to the school year. It was on my mind from the beginning since Monday and wouldn't leave my mind until my presentation ended on Friday. However, the thing that made the entire process bearable was the fact that the information I was presenting was so interesting and happened to be something I was extremely passionate about too.

Ovarian cancer is an important disease that is severely underrepresented in literature and coming from a family line whose women periodically have problems with ovaries, I was passionate about learning more about ovarian cancer and why it was so under studied. My partner and I found extremely interesting information about the disease as well as new studies and methods that we incorporated into our presentation.

Although we spent really long nights working on the presentation and many hours in Darwins crying over the layout of our powerpoint, we actually found this process really fun. We spend almost five hours one night in a small classroom after running around campus finally finding an HDMI adaptor. That entire night we practiced presenting our proposal while periodically screaming from stress or listening to High school musical or Taylor Swift. I don't think I ever had more fun working on an academic assignment and I actually think that's because I had a really great lab partner this entire semester too (shoutout).

Then came the presentation day and oh my goodness walking into 16-337 gave me an entire wave of bad memories and feelings. Journal club came back to me and I remember just how much I hated that small cramped room and that absolutely shi**y projector. Not even Leslie's amazing snacks would be able to quell my hatred for that room. Nonetheless, I was really satisfied with how our presentation went. I could have been less nervous and presented my information better but at the end of the day, I think all of our hard work paid off and we got all of our information across.

Looking back at 20.109 this class took up all of my life and soul energy this entire semester and in all honesty, I'm glad it's over and will never want to repeat that process again. At the same time though, it taught me a lot, I was able to meet new people through my lab section, and the interactions I had with the professors are priceless. Maybe one day after I get over my extreme hatred, I'll be able to look back at 16-336 in the same fond way I do with 20.109. I still won't ever want to return though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours