Ha Ha

Yeet! It's over. I have lots of feels!
1) This class was super cute in that it gave me MAJOR high school vibes (guys, I peaked in high school so this is a major compliment). Our class size was small, our professors could at least recognize our faces (if they didn't know our names already), we had homework due every class, we interacted often, there were quizzes, attendance was mandatory, etc. This class set up is what 8.01 TEAL wishes it could be. I liked how this class made me remember what it's like to learn together in a group as opposed to individually.
2) Shout out to Fransisco for dealing with me and holding me accountable this semester. :) I definitely tried a lot harder knowing that a lot of assignments were based on teamwork/ team grades.
3) I made friends in Course 20!!! (hopefully this sentiment is mutual and reciprocal)
4) I'm so proud of all of us for doing such amazing things.
5) Lot's of suffering was felt this semester but a) is there ever not suffering? b) only through suffering can we grow c) I have a new suffering standard. In high school, I joined the varsity water polo team even though I didn't know how to swim (PE was required and my school was small so there was only a varsity team). Ever since that terrible experience, I always say "at least it's not water polo" whenever I encountered something unfortunate. This class has replaced that phrase. Now, I can say "at least it's not the Mod 2 research article."
6) A brief list of all the things I learned from this class: how to run a SDS-PAGE gel, why computer scientists get paid so much (they have to deal with large datasets), how to go about coming up with a research proposal, use a breadboard, the concept of the cel-titer glo assay, the suffering continues until after one gets a PhD, ComLab people are super nice, inspiration comes everywhere, and that science is never a one man thing-- I don't need to know everything.
7) see you all around! happy summer







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours

I don't hate speaking, just the preparation