Spring Broken about Journal Club

***(journal) club going up on a tuesday(/wednesday)!!!!(???)***

(just kidding, I don't understand that song lyric reference but thought it could work)

(Instead, I relate to this meme more: Image result for journal club meme)

Module 2 has been really fun so far, I love tissue-culture (especially spraying my gloves/things down with 70% EtOH). However, I am absolutely dreading journal club presentation. I'm incredibly self-conscious and introverted, and growing up, would barely talk to non-family members. Just imagining presenting in front of people increases my heartbeat and makes my hands tremble/sweat (which is making typing this a lil' harder). I know that messing up won't be the end of the world and that I might even forget this one day after the 10923810923 (I can't math) more days I'll live, but public speaking and death will always be my greatest fears.
My inner self realizes that this is a good opportunity to grow as not only a student but also a scientific communicator and that I can do well as long as I practice enough. My inner self also realizes I definitely should've started this during spring break, "rip". I am so impressed by my fellow classmates who presented yesterday, because not only was there a 7.05 exam, but we also didn't have any precedent on how these go. I will most likely be setting up an appointment with the BE Comm Lab for help.
I mentioned in my previous blog post that I would fix my homework as soon as I got it back to aid in crafting the final product for this module (the research article), but alas, that kind-of, sort-of (meaning very) did not happen. I did fix a few points here and there and took notes on things to change, but didn't actually make the changes right after getting the homework back. Present-Jocelyn really wants to kick Past-Jocelyn's butt right now. But people do say, "third time's the charm", so maybe Future-Jocelyn won't feel this way about me right now when Module 3 starts!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours

I don't hate speaking, just the preparation