^^When you have absolutely no idea what you just said in your presentation but at least its over ((:

So something I definitely don't recommend is reading your paper the night before (may or may not be from experience)... Journal clubs ended up being held during a really heavy exam week and I wasn't able to actually start reading the paper/making the slides the night before. Definitely don't recommend because I don't think I gave myself enough time to fully understand the paper and all the nitty gritty details of the methods and all that, which I think is super important with the questions especially. Also, it meant I stayed up all night to work on it and that's probably why my brain wasn't entirely with it while giving the presentation itself. That's why my advice is get a good night's sleep kids!! :)

Another reflection I have is about practice. In the hour before my presentation I wrote a script and I was actually start to feel confident about what I was going to say. But once I actually got up there I kind of forgot my talking points and improvised which I felt like wasn't amazing because I didn't mention everything I wanted to and also I didn't say my information in the same way I wanted to. If I had more time (aka started earlier) I definitely would have practiced more, maybe not in the sense that I rehearsed in front of my friends but at least said my script out loud a couple times to develop some muscle memory. 

Next time I will start earlier, promise! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours