Torpidity Ensues

asdfljwearajweroqh

Just needed to get that out there. Anyways, the 20.109 Research Article was one of the most difficult assignments I have ever completed. I've helped write two manuscripts at my UROP, and they involved a team of researchers coming together to fabricate the article. It's usually a very lengthy and protracted process where you continually receive feedback. It's also written for a project that everyone has a vested interest in, not an assignment. The assignment is crammed into a short timeframe. This required a huge amount of discipline to pull off and created a lot of mental angst. These are the drawbacks of making an assignment like this within the artificial and imperfect environment of a research class.

Having said all of that, it was really satisfying to look back on my paper and be proud of the work I had done. However, this assignment wouldn't have been completed without the help of some very important resources. Office hours were really important so I could pop in with any questions I had. Being able to e-mail the instructors for clarifications was crucial and I appreciate their availability outside of class. The comm lab resources and powerpoints were invaluable in helping me shape the narrative for my paper. One of the most valuable resources I had through this assignment was my peers. They were able to provide me not only with technical help but the emotional support needed to get this assignment done.

Me before reaching out to my friends:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours