The procrastinator's saga continues

I really should have started the research article earlier. Starting about a week and a half before it was due was not the move, even if it seemed like there was still plenty of time left in the moment. Not the move.


Regrets on past decisions aside, I think writing the research article was a good experience. Even if it was long winded, arduous, and challenging, I can say I really put a lot of effort into slaying the beast. I got more practice with generating figures, trying to write critically about science such that I could try and piece together some sort of narrative, and I got more practice with writing the methods section.

Things I wish I had done differently? Probably listen to all the instructors and try to start earlier. When they said you should start drafting sections of the research article throughout the module, they weren't kidding. I would have definitely benefited from doing so rather than dabbling on the research article throughout the week before it was due and then cramming a lot of writing time in during the last few days. I also just wish I could understand coding better. There's a reason why I'm not a Course 6, so all the Rstudio and RNA-seq analysis really went over my head. Nonetheless, I still tried my best to interpret the data best as I could, given all the resources I had on hand.

In the end, through all the metaphorical blood, sweat, and tears, I made it to the end of Mod 2. Thank goodness, now let's make some cool life-powered batteries.

~Nathan Liang

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours

I don't hate speaking, just the preparation