The impending heat death of the universe can't match the slowly impending dread of Wednesday 4/10/19 circa 1:00 pm

I haven't presented my journal club presentation, but even in the midst of prep I can't help but feel a certain dread in presenting for Journal Club. I've spent countless hours rifling through my paper and googling every single thing that sounds remotely important in fear of the questions that may come.

My biggest fear is veering away from the game plan. Ten minutes is not much given the density of information in these research papers, and the it's a bit different presenting in front of everyone compared to shouting at your window in your room. However, I'm kinda excited.

Excited to get it over with. On the real though, I am kind of excited. I presented my research to my lab (50+ people including my PI) over the summer and admittedly....it didn't go as well as I wanted it to be. I spoke way too fast and went under the allotted 7 minutes (which isn't as big as a deal, as no one in my lab like these group meetings). My PI asked me a question, and I kind of wilted under the pressure because he looked bored with all the other UROPs presentation and seemed to not pay attention. It took me by surprised to say the least.

Thus, I see journal club as a way to redeem myself. Hopefully, I won't make a fool of myself again.

Who knows, maybe I'll freeze up and breakdown in front of everone. There's a first for everything.

So it goes. Lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours