Running away from my problems, literally.

You know what's a terrible idea?

Reading a computational biology paper for the first time while running on a treadmill. By the end of my run I wasn't exactly sure what was making my head spin: the 3 miles I paced through, the biology jargon, or the statistical models. Regardless, it was not a great time.

After finally getting through my paper for the 3rd or 4th time (while stationary in my room), the puzzle pieces finally started clicking. My constant "OHHHH THAT'S WHAT THAT MEANS" could probably be heard by my neighbors two doors over. From here, it had to be easy, right? You thought.

Compiling the relevant information to make a clear story for my peers and instructors is a whole other journey. Choosing figures and facts that support my presentation is a real struggle, one that I am currently working through intermittently while writing this blog post. While this presentation-making process is not my favorite, I'm really looking forward to seeing it all come together when I present next week. I feel like I'm the odd one out when I say I LOVE presenting in front of people. The next task is going to be getting myself to shut up within 10 minutes, but that sounds like a tomorrow problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours