research article struggle shuttle

remember when the Jocelyn of the data summary ages told herself she would fix her homework as soon as she got it to save time later on? well, obviously she didn't do that, or else the title of this blog post would've been something more positive... but it's okay! third time's the charm, the Jocelyn of the post-research article cram is trying to stay optimistic!!

Something I hate about myself is that I'm terrified of asking for help, even when there's no reason to be and plenty of resources available (I also hate my schedule, which is 9:30 am to 5pm nonstop class/UROP every single day, courtesy of my love for suffering and poor judgment in the spring). I will admit that I still don't quite understand what the RNA-seq data analysis we did on day 5 and day 6 meant. Because of this, writing the results section was incredibly incrediblyyyyy hard. I've never spent so much time writing before than this weekend and am so glad that module three is collaborative. Overall, I learned a lot about myself and writing formally/scientifically and will definitely try to avoid spending another tragic weekend like this one again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours

I don't hate speaking, just the preparation