Mod 2 reflection, or local coffee shop review?

I have got to say, there is nothing more satisfying in this world than closing 30 (maybe even 40!) open tabs on your laptop. I had so many tabs open spanned over 3 open windows. It got to the point where none of the apps on my laptop was working properly. But I was so scared to restart my computer... What if I had lost the link to that one paper that didn't really help me but was too important to lose!?!? I must say, my logic was not the best, but man, did it feel good to delete all those tabs.

Something interesting to note is that 20.109 so far, not just the research article but the class itself, has allowed me to realize how much I like working in coffee shops! I really needed to work on my journal club presentation, and I was getting too distracted in my dorm room. I was getting hungry, so I thought, let's venture to Flour and eat while I read my paper some more. And I don't know if its just from a change of scenery, or the aesthetic vibes I got sipping on my chai as I was reading, but I ended up getting a lot done and declared from here on out that anytime I really need to get work done, I'll park myself at a coffee shop.

So, that's what I did for the research article. I decided to switch it up and go to Darwin's instead. Not totally sure I liked it more than Flour. It's nice because it's more normal for students to hang around there all day as opposed to Flour, but it was SO COLD. I had to move almost 3 times to try and find a seat where cold air wasn't blowing right on me. There were also people judging me for hopping between tables. I couldn't stay for too long because of how cold it was. Thank god it was warm out that day and I could just step outside to regain my warmth. Nevertheless, I was able to get a decent chunk of my work done.

Whoops. This has basically turned into a review of local coffee shops... Back to 20.109.

As for the research article itself, it was definitely different from anything I've written before. The amount of times I had to edit it really took a toll, because all I could say to myself was "Just be done with it!! This is probably the best it'll ever be." But I pushed on and did as many edits as I could until I reached my limit, and turned it in. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out, even if I don't get the grade I hope for. I remember when Mod 2 started and I was already getting stressed out by the research article. I was scared that I wouldn't have enough time to work on it, even though I still had basically a month until it was due. Who knew starting a week before was still enough? Silly beginning-of-Mod-2 me. Mod 2 was definitely not my favorite, but I do think we learned a lot of valuable techniques and skills.

Does this mean I can now put down that I know how to use R on my resume? ;)

-Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours