M2 blog post

I still can't believe I wrote over 3000 words for that research article...shaken to my core. I was so stressed about writing enough, I didn't believe it when I had somehow written 14 full pages. I know this article felt so, so long to me, but it just made me that much more aware of how long Real research articles are. Some of them are like twenty pages! And sure, they're written by a bunch of people working together. But that's actually insane.

Writing the paper definitely helped me understand this module as a whole much better. I have to admit, I was really confused about the coding we did in R. I don't think I really understood the data analysis from the exercises until I was trying to write about it in the results section, so that was definitely interesting.

Looking back, I'd say that I wish I had made a draft of my outline for the paper before and after creating my figures. And I also wish that I'd taken longer breaks in between writing some of the sections, because it felt hard to get perspective on the paper as a whole when I was still in the middle of it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours