Journal paper struggle

This journal paper has by far taken the most amount of time to complete than any other assignment I have ever been given. I found it a struggle to create a cohesive storyline with the our minimal data. For instance, my cell viability assay was not optimal and  I found myself not being able to gather the data I wanted in R studio simply because I did not have the knowledge to do so. Having such nonspecific results in R made it hard to deduce anything significant or interesting. I constantly re-routed my data portion of the paper to try to make sense of it all.

With that being said, I have finally gotten past what I consider the hardest part of formulating the paper: coming up with a storyline and figures to support it. I figured out how to use R for simple application and I am proud of that! Now having almost completed the paper, I am thankful for all of our homework assignments. The feedback greatly sped up the drafting process for the introduction and methods portion of this paper.

Overall, starting this assignment was very daunting; this is the most science communication writing I have ever had to do and I did not even fully understand what I wanted to present. Looking how far I have come, I can see a huge improvement on my critical thinking and communication. Hopefully that comes through in the paper!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours