I enjoyed the Journal Club Experience

This whole assignment was a lot of work, but I really enjoyed it from start to finish. I think I gained confidence in my abilities to 1) read and understand a journal article on my own 2) effectively communicate the journal article to others.

In high school, I was part of my science research program and we always had to give either poster presentations or powerpoints. I loved the nervous  rush of presenting and also just getting to share my knowledge (even if it was limited) to others who were equally interested. This assignment was the first time since high school I had to present to others, and it reminded me how much I enjoy the process.

The hardest part for me was making sure I thoroughly understood my paper. I spent a ton of time re-reading sections and annotating. It then also took me a while to come up with a clear, simplified presentation storyline to get the message of the paper across. Now looking back, journal articles do not intimidate me anymore!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours