I don't hate speaking, just the preparation

Despite my presentation feeling like a dumpster fire, speaking to others about anything, especially when you should technically know more about the subject than the audience, can be pretty fun. Journal club was no exception. However, as fun as the act of presenting is, writing it can be a bit more unappealing and definitely takes a lot more motivation.
Reading a paper and being tasked with presenting its most important contents in only a few minutes really forced me to look at what the audience could best take away from the paper, rather than what the authors might have specifically thought to be most important. Seeing shortcomings in the paper, like poorly organized figures or unexplained jargon, now affected me and my future audience and only made me angrier than usual. But as much as a pain as that can be, it's pretty fun to be able to say a paper written by people with far better credentials than yourself isn't the best. 
Finally, I thought I had learned from my mistakes in module 1, where I started a bit late and had to pull an all nighter in order to finish. But there I was, Tuesday morning awake and mentally preparing for the long sleepless day ahead. :/

P.S. Sorry this is late. Day of its first due date I figured it would be pushed back until everyone presented. Afterwards, I never saw anything due on Thursday other than the regular HW so this completely slipped my mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours