I think one of the biggest struggles in science generally is running an experiment that doesn't end up working. Knowing you spent all that time and your little cells or proteins or whatever don't do what you want them to do. But hey science is all about failure right? *nervous laugh* And that's what makes it so much more satisfying the one time it does work!! :)) What I found challenging about this module was conveying failure in our data summary in a way to make it not sound like failure and basically convey that they should still read my report even though we didn't have any concrete results. Also, making it align with my story and the whole "importance of it all" stuff. What I learned about this module was that technical writing isn't as easy as it might seem at first. Coming into this I thought since your'e writing the objective science that it would be much easier than a creative piece and you wouldn't have to think about it too much. Turns out there's a lot of creativity involved and  I literally spent several hours thinking of what I wanted to say and how to fit it into my storyline. Hopefully that helps going into mod 2 and making the presentation won't be as hard *yikes*. AND hopefully in mod 2 we can all get some interesting (and satisfying) results :)) I think I'm going to sing to my cells to make them happy and they do something interesting...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

The Journey of A Revision Begins With Office Hours